Friday, May 16, 2014

Honey and Whole Grain Mustard Baked Chicken

Mother's Day was the first Sunday (in I cannot remember when) that I didn't have to study, write or do homework so I cooked dinner. This dish is pretty tasty, tangy and a bit sweet.

What I used:

4 Chicken Quarters
2 tablespoons Honey
1/4 cup Whole Grain Mustard
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons fresh Thyme
Olive Oil
Country Herb Grinder (it contains sea salt, dried rosemary, parsley, oregano, basil, mint, sage and thyme)


Remove the rosemary and thyme leaves from their sprigs by sliding your fingers, from tip to base, down the stems. Once stripped, chop the herbs finely. Drizzle both sides of the chicken quarters with a bit of olive oil, probably no more than 3 tablespoons total (I must admit I didn't measure), and rub the rosemary and thyme onto the bird. Follow that with a light dusting of the seasoning from the herb grinder and let the pieces marinate for at least one hour.



Once you are done marinating you chicken, combine the honey with the whole grain mustard and mix well. Pour an equal amount of the mixture over each quarter and press it into the skin with the back of a spoon, making sure to cover both sides.



I covered with aluminum foil and cooked on 375 for almost two hours because my quarters were uncomfortably large. I seriously don't want pieces that thick again. I just felt weird when eating them. Anyway, back to cooking. I uncovered the chicken, pumped up the temp to 415, and cooked for another twenty minutes so that the chicken would turn that oh so very appetizing nice golden crispy brown color.

For chicken and really any other meat the golden rule is to own a meat thermometer. Make sure your chicken reaches at least 165 degrees. And here is the finished product. Isn't that just luscious?


Whole Grain Mustard Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment